Thursday, October 9, 2008

Serious giggling, not so serious wisdom

Okay, that is QUITE enough.

I am not the kind of person who takes insults very easily, most things I can somehow turn around into a compliment. Sometimes, it takes some creativity, but I figure it out.

I am not the kind of person who is very sensitive about my weight. The truth is, I think I look just fine. I popped up on the doctor’s scale today with my jacket and shoes still on and didn’t think twice.

I do dumb things on a regular enough basis that I am okay with teasing about the fact that, even though my hair may not be very blond anymore, the effects of being blond do last a lifetime.

I know I have a dry sense of humor. If I am the only one laughing, oh well, at least I had a good laugh.

I have a reasonable amount of confidence in my writing. I do double-read my work to ensure I am not going to upset or hurt anyone before I post, but I have enough confidence to push that POST button several times a week.

I second-guess my parenting as much as anyone, but I don’t expect my children will be in any more psychotherapy than the rest of their generation. (Which, by the way, I think my children’s generation will be an awesome one).

I am not the kind of person who is sensitive about my age. In fact, I just posted about meeting up with a friend from 20 years prior. I am sure you all have figured out that I went to college when I was 11 years old. Yep, that’s right, I was a child prodigy. Ha!

But, I just received an e-mail advertising services to seniors. It was a targeted e-mail. They found me through my blog.

Do I sound like a SENIOR on my blog? Really? Without even a decent picture, I just SOUND like a senior? Do they think I am writing about my grandchildren???

Oh, that’s right. They were just so impressed with my incredible insight and wisdom, it would be impossible for me to be as young and tender as I really am.

Okay, I’ll take that as a compliment too.

(Imagine a pause while the author stops giggling long enough to post).

3 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Rest assured that you do not sound like a senior with your writing. They musn't have read too deeply before they e-mailed you.

Indy said...

Let's hope it is like the AARP card application. They send it early. Ten or twenty years early. Maybe because you write with such wisdom. Very strange. At least it gave you blogging material.

enthalpymama said...

Badass & Indy, Yeah, I don't think anyone actually spent any time reading my blog before they sent the "personal" email to me selling their services. I do get the AARP stuff sometimes too. I have never dyed my hair, but maybe I just need to dye my hair gray! Wouldn't that be ironic?