I do not think -- therefore I am not.
Here is the illustration of this principle:
One evening Rene Descartes went to relax at a local tavern. The tender approached and said, "Ah, good evening Monsieur Descartes! Shall I serve you the usual drink?". Descartes replied, "I think not.", and promptly vanished.
Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.
- The world does revolve around us... We pick the coordinate system.
- Find out what those other buttons on your calculator do.
- We know how to handle stress and strain in our relationships.
- Parents will approve.
- Help with your math homework.
- Can calculate head pressure.
- Looks good on a resume.
- Free body diagrams.
- High starting salary.
- Extremely good looking
- T-shirt and jeans are their formal dress. Hot dog and a six-pack is their seven-course meal.
- The only social life known of is to post and talk on the net.
- Flames like a monster and speaks like a pussycat.
- Works from 6:30am to 7:30pm daily. No morning kisses and no evening walks.
- No matter how hard you cry and how loud you yell, he just sits there calmly discussing your emotion in terms of mathematical logic.
- Only listens to classic rock. Hates everything from Bach to Prince.
- Touches his car more often than you.
- Talks in acronyms.
- Can't leave that darn pencil off his ear for a minute.
- Will file for divorce if you call him in the middle of debugging.