Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Knock knock

After writing a long and rambling post last night, I woke up this morning with only the car ride home echoing in my head.

"Knock knock" (Andrew)

"Who's there?" (Gladys)

"Lawn mower" (Andrew)

"Knock knock" (Andrew)

"Who's there?" (Gladys)

"Lawn mower" (Andrew)

"Knock knock" "Who's there?" "Lawn mower"

"Knock knock" (George)

"Knock knock" "Who's there?" "Aren't you glad I didn't say lawn mower?"

"Knock knock" (George)

"Pete and repeat were in a boat, Pete fell out, who was left?" (Andrew)

"Repeat" (Gladys)

"Knock knock" (George)

"Pete and repeat were in a boat, Pete fell out, who was left?" (Andrew)

"Repeat!" (Gladys)

"Knock knock" (George)

The truth is, I was joining in too. I used to think it was annoying. Okay, I still occasionally think its annoying. But, for some reason, yesterday it was okay. That is why they keep doing it. Because, every once in awhile, Mommy comes up with a knock knock joke"

"Knock knock" (Andrew)

"You are there" (Mommy)

"You are who?" (Andrew)

I'm your mother, didn't you know that by now??

Aww, Mom!

Do you have any good ones??

4 comments:

Badass Geek said...

I never got the "Pete and Repeat" joke growing up. I always got frustrated when the other kid would keep repeating the question over and over again.

Indy said...

My kids are at this stage too. You are right. Somedays it drives me batty and somedays I can listen with a smile on my face. We aren't at the stage where we have any good ones yet. All silly.

Anonymous said...

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Norma Lee.
Norma Lee who?
Normalee I don't go around knocking on doors, but do you want to buy a set of encyclopedias?

enthalpymama said...

Badass geek - I had never heard that joke as kid. My neighbor was kind enough to teach it to Andrew.

Scatterbrain - My son will really like that one! He'll know it by the end of the day, I promise.